Camp -Day 2

 Woke up at 6:00 and rounded up the kids. I planned to shower after the trek. I was at the tail end of the trek. Nikhil was the head! He kept feeding the kids grass, wild fruits and berries on the way. I was surprised to taste wild lemon grass! It was very lemony with a hint of sweet.  At the summit, we spent 15 minutes in silence. 
I had been at the same place years ago just after a break up. While we sat there in silence, I was filled with gratitude with the way my life turned out to be. 
After the trek, we had breakfast! Felix made idlis with some amazing chutney. I even ate the chilli that was so delicious. 
Then I spent time with Durga and Baha and taught them their guitar parts. We also jammed quite a bit. Lunch was served warm, Rajma and rice. It was yum! 

Then I rehearsed with all the kids and we played some popular tunes together! I loved these jamming sessions. We continued acoustically after the power cut. 

Later I spent time with Kuki. He gave me a lot of insights on rhythm and harmony and shared his journey with music. Just being with him itself I felt blessed. 

Then we had dinner, I took Felix’s bike and bought ice cream for this kids. They enjoyed it with Kirtana’s caramelized  bananas. 

The kids pulled me to another jam session and we played  late into the night. We got stuck at Zui’s cottage in the rain and ran through the rain to our cottages. 

Tomorrow is hunger games. It’s gonna be fun. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull