A day well spent

 9:00 am we left TVM to the Padmanabhapuram palace. We stopped for refreshments at Exit Cafe and reached the palace at 12:00. We had to leave the foot wear outside, I felt the sand, rock, wood and the traditionally polished floors through the tour. It was weird to be walking with no foot wear on. 

We were just in time, Suresh, the security guard tried to chase us through the palace quickly but upon knowing that we were quite curious, he patiently explained each and every room. We saw art on the ceiling, floor, walls urns, chairs, beds. I was quite enamored with the vibe the place exuded. We captured some of it in pictures, I wanted to share this cool experience so I did it in my insta stories. 

I really missed someone with me to discuss the paintings, carvings and architecture in detail. I had lot of fun. 

Abin asked me if I wanted to drive, I was excited, and I drove them to a hill full of wind mills and also drove back. I enjoyed driving now especially after the 3 month accident break. 

We came back and chilled with Sebin and Ullas and chatted, jammed. I also showed my arrangement of Ilayaraja’s Thumbi vaa, and they, being professional musicians themselves cheered me on and floored me with appreciation. I didn’t expect them to make a huge deal out of it. They had never heard anyone play that. I was quite happy getting approval from my music heroes and came back to bed. 

Then I had some “self” reflection about my day until I fell asleep. Then I wrote my blog. The previous 2 sentences are poetry! Go figure! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull