Respect!

Respect is earned. I am fighting hard to earn that respect. I show up and I’m on time! I get things done even when I’m not appreciated. I work hard even when by body cannot! I call out people (that matter to me) on their bullshit!. I get involved for the people that matter to me. I’m a great teacher, but I can get better. I’m a dutiful student but I could be more dedicated! 

I will not respect you, if you don’t keep your word. if you’re lazy, if you are not taking care of yourself and your family, if you are just a blabbermouth, if you are selfish and only try to make your own life easy without a care for others you live with, I will not respect you. 

My mom Saleela has my respect! She’s aging! I’m going to miss her when she’s gone! I will be kind and caring and will only listen  to her! 

Solomon’s dad has my respect! Ujwal’s dad has my respect. Sahana aunty has my respect! The rest of the world needs to catch up! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull