My music story : #69: Slain’s guitarist me?

Now that Stan was not in the band anymore, Judah asked me to play the guitar! I was already getting into the whole Steve Vai, Extreme  & Mr big kind of music, but Judah was more into the death metal. He was quite smart to use this genre to reel in the Christian crowd. 

We suddenly had a gig and I had to step in! I played a sick lick and told Judah this was inspired by the prodigal son, so we wrote Prodigal and Gates of Hell we had a few other songs from the previous line up. These songs were quite progressive and had some serious riffing! 

I was not a moving rockstar, Judah taught me how to stand with feet apart and keep my guitar low! He taught me to rock on stage. Naresh also joined the band as the new Bassist! Now we had a full band. I did mess up a few licks but I was so embarrassed at the end of the show. Everyone said it was great but I went hiding, as I thought everyone were saying it just to be nice. 

Judah told me to be confidence, and gave me all the support. But he had a vision for the band! He wanted a guitarist who can solo, now that the rhythm section was strong! He added in Jerod on keys and we all waited for a guitarist. I knew he wouldn’t find one, because I was steering the band to a more 80s rock vibe, compared to metalcore that Judah was driving. This pulled the band to different directions. Finally we found the link! Bryden! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull