My music story : #67: Meeting Judah

Stephen wanted Petrucci’s “State of Grace” played during the bridal march, at his sister’s wedding. That’s how I met Judah. It was him on the piano and myself on the electric. I had my trusty Supra distortion all wired up and ready! We never had much practice! But Judah was amazing and an intuitive player. He was just 16 at the time and was already playing amazing arpeggios. Stephen guided him through the chord changes and he nailed it. 

Judah was quick to tell me about his band Slain and how they were winning college fests! Being the  college fest victor myself, I wanted to tell him winning college fests were nothing! Instead I told him that, there’s a band called “Haven” if you can beat them, you’ve made it. I never thought they will beat the band. He made it his personal mission to beat them. 

Few months later I get a call, it was Judah! (By now I had a basic Sony Ericsson phone) “We beat Haven”. The news papers had the original members of Slain on page 3 the next day! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull