My music story : #64 : YFC camp!

 This was a fun camp that Johnin took me to. He paid for my tickets as well. Not everyone knew I played classical guitar, so I held back when they were taking names for the talent night. There were these over enthusiastic Hyderabadi gang who were cheering and booing others off stage. So I took it personally and booed them off stage, they also sucked and no one liked them anyway. There was a cute girl there in their gang. She challenged me, saying instead of booing others off stage i needed to have some guts to be on stage, and she said “ learn to respect others talents” 

So my friends signed me up and they called my name. I played my own composition with some jazz chords and I named it “Learn to respect others talents”. As everyone else hated them, my piece was a big hit and everyone loved the fingerstyle guitar that I played. I became quite popular at camp overnight. 

This girl came to me the next night saying she wanted to talk to me. I said “I don’t want to talk to you” and walked away! I rejected her and it felt good! I had all the support from the Bangalore crowd and they backed me. 

This incident showed me how music was powerful and how I could get a lot of support and respect from people! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull