My music story : #61 : My first solo concert

BSM was quite strict about the student concerts. We were asked to attend all concerts held at alliance, but thanks to Kenny I could just sneak it. I saw many orchestral performances lead by Naranyanswami.

Finally it was my turn to play. I played etude in D. I was so nervous, this time it was just me on stage! The spotlight was on me. I was very nervous, I somehow finished my performance and my nervousness showed. But everyone at BSM was quite encouraging and I only cared about what my teacher thought. He said I didn’t do very well. It was ok, he told me to improve next time and to pretend there was an audience listening at all times even when I’m rehearsing. This got the jitters out eventually! 

So when I have a bad performance, I go back to this day and say I have come a long way! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull