My music story : #56 : Kenneth Issac

 Kenny, was my music teacher at BSM! He was relieved that I already knew how to read. Kenny showed me through the formal way of learning the guitar. The posture, the foot stool, the nail files and everything! Classical guitar grounded me, I was not free to do whatever I liked! My teacher was not drunk anymore! He paid attention to everything, and corrected me. He gave me the discipline of what a music teacher must be. He instructed me to be 10 minutes early and prepare for the lesson by tuning and keeping my music stand and foot stool ready! I was an hour early, I practiced and spent time at the library at BSM, reading about Mozart, Beethoven and Paganini! None of them played classical guitar! I preferred learning to play caprice 24 over Tarrega! But Kenny brought my attention back to the book and helped me progress through the lessons quickly though the school wanted him to teach slowly to retain the students and the fee. 

I have more to write about Kenny, more in the next one! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull