My music story : #47 : Satem

 Joshi took me to his teachers Along and Satem! We walked through the streets of Shanti Nagar and entered a half constructed incomplete building. Joshi showed me an old Hero Honda Splendor bike and said “Machaa he’s here” we had no phone. We had to make an appointment and just show up. 

I met Satem that day! Along was not around. Joshi introduced Satem as the most amazing solo player who played Eric Johnson, Steve Vai and Satch! I was quite impressed with his playing. 

They lived in an unfinished house lot of open windows, must’ve been very cold during winters. But Satem asked me to play on his guitar, and I did! He liked my playing and gave me a few exercises to do! I did them religiously! He said “Come next week, Along will teach you classical! And we’ll alternate classical and electric guitar”. I was thrilled to her this, I worked hard and never missed any class and waited for the next week for classes with Along!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull