My music story : #40 : Joshy

Joshy was another friend from Cathedrals, my junior! He was a huge fan of Joey! (who isn’t) We bonded over our common language Malayalam! He loved music and never seemed to get the rhythm right, but he worked his ass off practising 5 hours a day, filling his books with notes and tabs. 

He took lessons with Ebi and was suddenly playing finger style. Joey never really taught me how to play finger style, but Joshy was willing to share. He even introduced me to his teachers, Ebi, Along and Satem. I learnt music from all of them! They helped me get my techniques and theory in place. 

Ebi taught me jazz chords and some fingerstyle classical music, Along taught me to read music and Satem taught me how to play electric guitar! These guys were masters! I will write about them later! 

I am indebted to Joshy for leading me to the right teachers! Though he was an engineering student, he ended getting a sales job at Reynolds! And like any pure Malayali does, he moved to Dubai! The last l heard was that he was in a band with some Arabs! God bless this guy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull