My music story : #32: Kokaine

A new CD rental shop opened near us. This place was quite controversial, one, it was banned after a white powder that people snorted, two they rented pirated CDs! We had a cd player and a computer that played the CDs I walked into the store and they also wrote CDs into cassette. I got some pop hits from there! 

I saw a CD labeled Guns and Roses, it happened to be a dvd available on rent for 15 bucks for 15 days. I took the CD, asked my friend Jerome who helped me locate the avseq file and copied it to my hard disk. Now I had music videos in my hard drive. I returned the VCD back and this time, I saw another one! Eagles! Hell Freezes Over. I copied this too this cd had the most talked about song ever! Hotel California. 

My playing ability was not so great to play the finger style music that Hotel California demanded but I honed my barre chord skills by learning this song. I suddenly could play “F #” minor! Soon I was known as the guy who could play Hotel California but in reality, I was just playing the chords! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull