My music story : #26 : First lesson with uncle Jayanth

I joined the Saturday guitar lessons that happened in church. I was all set with a book, guitar and a pencil. Showing up to the next building was really easy. Uncle noticed that I already played a little bit. The first thing he did was teach me tuning. He de-tuned the strings and made us tune. He taught us to use one tuned string to compare the others. In a day day and age where tuning apps and devices were unheard of, we relied on our ears. This was an important lesson indeed. 

Uncle was more encouraging the more I played. He taught me some more, while the others struggled with basics. I watched his every move. My rhythm playing improved drastically because I followed him. I played with him. It was all practical, I learnt everything with just listening to his sound and imitating him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull