My music story : #9 Beginnings : Marion Villa

 While in KUTS, I changed school to Marion Villa, a convent school. I suddenly had terrorizing sisters! They were ruthlessly strict! We had to write neatly, books to be arranged in the desks neatly, bags on the floor, discipline, discipline, discipline! 

But I melted the sisters hearts with my singing! We had a period every week on Friday for extra curricular activities. I gathered courage and sang the song Aji chechi taught me. sister Lourdes loved it so much, she made me sing it to the other sisters. They even put me in the school choir with a microphone right in front of me, I was the smallest in the choir (forever). 

I noticed how even the most cruel sisters can be tamed, with just music! I enjoyed bunking classes to participate in the singing practices. I missed a lot of history classes. (I still  blame them for my lack of historic knowledge)

Then came a sister from another place, I don’t remember her name. Indian, but her accent and name was like of the foreigners. She taught us a lot of Christmas songs and she sang like the people on MTv. 

As I was settling well in school, I realized the school only had till 4th standard. I changed school to St Mary’s. I didn’t like it there. It was just school to study and the principal caned you for simple mischief, he puked just pick a notebook and ask questions during his rounds. If you didn’t know the answers, a cane magically appeared in his hands. So 5th standard was juvenile prison! Then lucky for me, my dad decided to move to Bangalore! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull