My music story : #3 Beginnings : Pushpam

Pushpam, she’s my aunt! My mom’s brother’s wife. Today is her birthday and she is 75 today! 

When I was a toddler, she used to take care of me and do all the work at home. She was hard working! She always had a song. She would just sing and work, I heard mostly tamil songs from her, she was from colachel, Tamil Nadu. 

She always sounded so good! She gravitated more towards Christian devotional songs! I can recall “sondu pokathe maname” sung by her. There was pain in her singing, but that kept her going through her work! The tunes from her were not easy to memorize. So I must’ve heard it a million times to have memorized it. This being her birthday, I just wanted to think about her and dedicate this post! She has definitely played a part in my musical journey!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull