My music story : #6 Beginnings : Granny’s 4ths

 My granny would initiate prayer in the morning and at night before they all slept at home. The prayer started with a song, a Bible verse read or recited by everyone, especially the kids followed by a long  prayer! We would be very sleepy between the prayer and my cousin Johnney mostly dozes off in between on all fours. 

But the highlight for me would be my granny! Who was never in  the right key! She stuck to her lane! Granny would sound in tune by herself, but it sounded like two different keys! I didn’t know back then what a key was! But I knew both melody was right, but could not be together. I got a kick out of tuning into granny’s key while I ignored the other voices! This was my first harmony lesson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull