My music story : #22 : Sunday School

I attended Sunday School at UTC. I was introduced to classic songs, a collection of gospel popular songs. I listened and sang these songs that were composed well. My sister and I sang these songs in harmony. The Sunday School was later taken over by Heseti’s dad (I don’t remember his name). He was from Samoa! He strummed the guitar and introduced us to Jacob’s ladder! The UTC kids loved it and sang with much involvement. This was the first place where I saw all of us kids enjoying singing and really getting into it. 

The Sunday School happened in the evening on Sundays and my dad decided to take us all to the Malayalam church in Jalahalli. I found it really boring here, the kids were not very musical. My dad asked (commanded) me to teach them some songs. I had some experience teaching songs to church kids from a very young age when my parents did VBS, in some churches in Kerala. I had no choice but to do this, half heartedly. 

I missed the UTC Sunday School and hated my dad for ruining everything fun that was going on in my life! But he kept telling me that I’m not like other kids., and we are called to serve. But I kept telling myself that I didn’t sign up for this! But i kept trying to erase the UTC motto from my head Not to be Served, but you Serve. I did not sign up for this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull