My music story : #12 : Santosh Atchan

 I continued learning Carnatic music with Rev. Santosh who taught me to play the Indian violin. Rev Santosh also recommended to my dad that I learn tabla. So now I was learning piano, tabla and violin. 

I vividly recall how we went to shiva musicals where we went to pick up the instruments. My tabla teacher Dev, signed the tablas that I was supposed to pick. Rev. Santosh also helped select a violin and a guitar! The guitar was meant for my sister. 

I learnt the instruments and practiced diligently (except the piano) I got really good at it. I won competitions there at UTC and also got a chance to sing on the UTC Bhajans Volume 2. It was kind of like an experiment that Rev. Santosh did, making a Christian Bhajan volume. I sang a Telugu song, it was a very nice experience recording. This was where I met Juda’s dad Simon Augustine Sandhy. Maybe I’ll write about this recording experience in another blog. 

Soon Rev Santosh moved abroad and no one over saw the classes and all classes came to an end. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull