My music story : #11 : Kaundinya

 UTC had many pianos, so they decided to hire a piano teacher, Kaundinya. She was quite old, drove an old Maruti 800. The piano room was located in a dungeon type of a room. You had to go through a flight of stairs to the underground. The only ventilation was a window towards the roof. 

Kaundinya was not a great teacher, she gave me the books, that was photocopied and stapled together and said play! I didn’t know what to do. I just read the notes and the numbers from the book, it got way too easier and I practiced it on my trusty Casio SK -1. 

I caught Kaundinya catching a wink through my class and didn’t quite learn anything much other than my finger exercises, which was done wrong. I’m still correcting bad piano hands thanks to my new teacher Elizabeth. 

But I think I made the best use of my time there and trained on piano for 3 years with hardly any progress. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull