Sharing my Instruments!

 I really don’t like sharing my guitars, especially the good ones. My Ibanez, yamaha Pacifica and my classical guitar. 

I’ve heard stories of how no one was allowed to touch my grandfather’s harmonium! Curious kids and adults were warned, and he knew if anyone touched it. 

I had given Shebin my Signature guitar. My only guitar at that time. By the time he was done with it, his fashionable thumb ring took away the paint and some wood off the back of the fretboard. From then on I became paranoid, I couldn’t just share my guitars. I didn’t want them to make scars on mine. 

Recently, Emmanuel wanted to borrow my electric guitar. I politely told him I was not comfortable sharing my guitar. 

Today Rheya wanted to borrow my bass for someone else. I politely declined. 

I feel guilty sometimes, I have played on many borrowed guitars myself when I couldn’t afford one. I have borrowed Jason’s guitar for Allegro fudge, Naresh’s bass for Slain and Raghu’s banjo to learn the banjo parts. Bit I still strangely feel uncomfortable sharing mine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull