Lessons from the boomers!

Well, I’m quite close age wise to the boomers myself, but over the past few days I have been talking to an uncle of mine, my mom and a few other seniors. We have been talking about inclusivity and how we as Christians have been accommodating to people from other religion. We also recalled how my grandfather walked me to the temple to show me the elephants there and how we gave away palm leaves to the temple elephant  regularly once a month. There was a certain fascination to the giant animal. The temple also provided us Christians with their grounds for conducting annual church games and even now they live in harmony. The conversations lead to my uncle, who is from a Hindu background, he explored Christianity and now agnostic who told me about how there is a speculation that Jesus had travelled to India through the silk route, where he continued to learn and teach before returning back. It was quite interesting to know this different perspective and I did some reading online about this. 

I also spoke to mom about this, who would deny such claims, she’s more devout. Then I caught up with Jayanth uncle where we saw how the church has transitioned over a period of time. The politics, wealth and power taking priority over the true calling of the church.

Though, I was highly opinionated about these topics, I found myself biting my tongue, and listened more to what they had to say and they opened up some more. 

Jordan Peterson “Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don't.” Rule 9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull