Friendship: some red flags

It’s very important for me that my friends succeed! When they do, I succeed too! We are a pack like a pack of wolves. We hunt together! The pack needs to have the strongest and most dependable wolves. 

Things have worked for us many ways! I want my friend Solomon to do well in the stock market, we learn things together. Another eg. Cherian’s successful company was able to hire me to do a small job for him during the pandemic and that paid the bills for me. So when a friend does well, you do too.  I’m not being dependent here, but he was in a spot to help me out because of his success, while I was able to provide a small service in exchange.  

Here are some red flags to spot some hyenas among wolves. I’m listing out a few here. 

1. They are not happy when their friend succeeds. They try to bring out the cons and try not to be encouraging. One needs the ability to identity the “unhappy friend” from one who is trying to stop you from making a huge mistake. 

2. They only hang out with you when someone else is spending and always looking for freebies. I avoid such people without a care. 

3. Information is fun, gossip underlining with jealously and insecurity is not. 

4. They try to manipulate you by gaslighting. 

5. They only get in touch when they need you. 

People, including yourself can and will change. The best thing you can do is adapt to the situation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull