Casio SK-1

When I was about 6 years old, my parents got me a small keyboard! The Casio SK1. This had a lot of buttons in it. This is where I discovered music. Back then when my friends played with toy cars and dolls, I played with this keyboard. I was not sent for lessons, but I was allowed to experiment and explore the sounds. This being a sampler keyboard allowed us to record our own voice or any sound and sample them. I took a lot of time exploring this. 

The keyboard also had Mozart’s Toy Symphony as its demo. Back then I didn’t know what the tune was, or who the composer was. I had no option but to listen to the same track over and over again. I discovered harmony, rhythm, selective listening! This keyboard lasted through the years until I was about 13 years and it just stopped working. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull