Why I write, what I write?

To the guys poking fun at me about my blogs. 

I enjoyed the pokes at me, this really made me think and reflect on why I do this. I’m glad I got 3 pairs of eyes on my humble blogs. Thank you for reading. Here’s why I write or get poetic but really it’s all just bull. 

Habit formation: 

I had a problem being consistent, I used to miss my classes regularly, not do my bed. So I needed something easy to do and something I would stick to no matter what! I was not consistent with anything that I started. So, I started these blogs. Sometimes I have nothing to say, but I still make a point to write my blogs every single day, without the need for  manipulating the dates.  

Attention seeking: 

I love the attention I get. But I seek healthy attention, I want to be known for being consistent and reliable not for the “quality content”. Maybe someone will read these blogs after I’m gone. Yes, I’m known for writing shit every single day on a public platform. 

Creativity: 

I do not have writers block, because I’m not writing to please. But sometimes, the creative juices flow and I write a story or a poem. The hopeless romantic in me awakens when the hormones shift, or sometimes I miss being a father, other times I’m exploring the existential realms. Also, I’m a creative guy generally. So when the muse strikes, I can’t help but bring out the masterpieces.  

Mental health:

I’m going through a lot of issues, some of you may be aware. So sometimes it’s motivating, I write these for me and for my regular readers, you, all 3 of you. Maybe this keeps me from jumping off a building. 

Clarity : 

I have a better clarity with my thoughts and actions. I’m also constantly seeking answers and wisdom. I’m more open and welcoming to other opinions now more than ever, after writing these blogs. 

Of course, there are many things I will never write about here. We all have our demons. So  this is just a keyhole view into my life. 

This quote motivates me, “I’m fearless in my heart, they will always see that in my eyes. I am the passion, I am the warfare. I will never stop. Always constant, accurate, intense”, Steve Vai. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull