Steve Vai!

The reason I started taking music seriously is because of Steve Vai. I discovered his music after I was given a G3 live VCD featuring  Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Eric Johnson.  when I was 17 years old! My jaws dropped to the floor listening to Steve Vai, he used the guitar like it was an extension of his arm. He moved and contorted his body, face and fingers to his music! Sometimes his fingers danced! I still get goosebumps listening to him perform For the Love of God

I went to National Market where they had bootlegs of bands and requested for Steve Vai. The shop keeper told me to come after a week. After many visits, as I browsed through I saw another VCD, labeled Steve Vai, Alien Love Secrets. I purchased it and hoped it worked on my VCD player and it did! The first song was Bad Horsie, he made his guitar sound like a neighing horse! I was floored again. I heard Tender Surrender and cried! It was that day I decided to be a musician. I knew I couldn’t be like Steve, but I definitely knew I had no other options. I started practicing 6 to 8 hours a day! I’m still mesmerized at how articulate he is with the guitar. It’s sad to see him grow old. I hope I catch him live some day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull