Tomorrow never comes

My students and I are sometimes bitten by the procrastination bug. I have done some changes to beat the mindset. 

1. Make a To Do list: This list includes tasks that I must do each day. Writing this blog is one of the things on that list. I must do it no matter what happens that day. I’ve also included music practise, walks in the park etc. to this list. I do not compromise on this no matter what.

2. Stay organised: Keeping my bed in order, finding a place for each thing, keeping my cupboard organised saves a lot of time. Even my keys have a place and I don’t waste time looking for them. 

3. Will power: Having a strong mind to drag myself to complete my tasks takes a lot of will power and mental strength. 

4. Eating right: I make sure I add a lot of fiber in my diet by including fruits and vegetables. I’m also taking vitamins and getting sunlight for atleast 15 minutes daily. I’ve noticed a big change in my mood. Carb heavy food almost transforms me into a lazy sloth so I have it all balanced and observe and tweak accordingly. 

5. Health: Usually, falling sick and lying on bed all day cascades into a behavioral change. It was very important for me to find the medical help immediately. I also drink dry ginger tea with licorice to keep my immunity better. I also move everyday, walking atleast 5000 steps and do abhayanga 3 times a week. I’ve also started drinking castor oil for the colon purge. 

6. Do not compromise, put yourself first: putting my needs over anyone else’s is important. Sometimes I say no to help asked by friends or family, especially when I have other priorities. I don’t like sudden plans. It takes time for your friends, students and sometimes family to seek an appointment and get used to this new you, but it’s worth it.   

7. Bigger tasks? Do little. I cleaned every nook and cranny of my house in 100 days. I just cleaned one part a day and in the end of 100 days I had a clean home. The cleaning included fans, ventilation, a/c, bathroom scrubbing. I couldn’t do this all in a day. 

These are some of the things that helped me beat procrastination. Remember! Tomorrow never comes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull