Road trip to Shettihalli church!





We left at 4:00 am. This was a 185km drive from my place. And I drove almost the entire stretch! Andy took over for the last bit and I crashed in the vehicle. We reached the spot and was really disappointed to find the the church was completely submerged and was at a distance. We met a local boat man, Ganesh, we negotiated ₹100 per head and he rowed us ti the church. We had safety jackets on! To my utter dismay, he stopped the boat near one of the beams on that 18th century church built by the French, now in ruins, and he asked us to climb atop! 

I was shaking, fearful that the ancient architecture will give away to our weights combined! The only relief was the safety jacket, which Solomon decided to take off for a photo hoot flex! We settled on the bird drop smeared roof structure and posed for pictures. Ganesh rowed us back and we were hungry! 

We found a small cafe and they had Maggi noodles. We ordered egg noodles and decided to drive back. I drove half the stretch then Andy took over and we reached back at 1:00 noon. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull