Delayed gratification

I’ve lived most of my independent life gobbling up delicious biryanis at-least four times a week. That could have contributed to some of the health issues I face today  but, I loved the taste of spicy, flavorful jeera samba rice and the juicy dum- chicken, marinated to tenderness perfection. 

So I decided to restrict myself to having this, just once a week. But I would only eat the best biryani, once a week. Sometimes it’s from Khazana, other times it’s the spicy Uncle Kitchen biryani and most times it’s the aromatic, not so spicy malabar dum biryani to ease my digestion and old age. This decision gave me the discipline I needed to stay off unhealthy food, but allowed occasional indulgence. 

I also apply a similar strategy on shopping, binge watching etc. I end up indulging on it, occasionally and only if it means that much to me. 

Now-a-days, the biryani is sometimes replaced with a juicy KFC Zinger or Burgermiester burger. Popeyes was a repeated mistake, so maybe I’ll try Popeyes next year. 

So, remember to delay your gratification (also in other things if you know what I mean.. wink wink).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull