Sticks and stones

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me. 

I was literally clearing sticks and stones from my backyard as I remembered the sticks I’ve got from my dad and the stones that I threw to hurt terrorizing dogs. 

Being a short, dark guy in class I was subjected to bullying but what they said never hurt me because, I was regularly getting sticks at home, so words never hurt! My dad only hit me reasonably but punishments were severe. He always allowed debate and argument and never silenced my reasoning. This always allowed me to think quick on my feet. When confronted, I laughed with my bullies, used humour as we did at home! They became friends, and I became a bully with them! 

Now I see a lot of kids getting offended with the slightest thing said to them. Words will be thrown around, there will be offensive things said! But they will need to not let that affect them! And it must begin at home! Children must learn that words cannot harm them! It will, only if they allow! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull