Job satisfaction!

It’s 8:00 am now and I started teaching music at 6:00 am today. The classes were for Ivan, Abel and Hannah. They were well prepared for their lesson and also had the desire and drive to learn music. Their nimble hands can play anything! It’s so good to watch your students grow into amazing musicians. 

Some of my students are winning competitions in their schools and writing their own music. So, something I’m doing must be right, passing and growing the talents I was bestowed through the years. 

I remember all my teachers here who were physically present and made a huge impact on me. Issac, Santhosh, Dev, Kaundinya, Jayanth, Sahana, Along, Satem, Ebenezer,  Kenneth, Zimmerman, David, Bruce, Guthrie, Bryden, Judah, Grace, Leslie, Tony, Floyd, Konarak & Siddharth. The wealth of knowledge from my teachers and their blessings is all I have. Teaching is my calling & purpose. 

My inability to play a certain passage or read sheet music as well as my students is sometimes frustrating but I humbly take the role of a pot-bellied coach for an athlete. I just show the way and they better keep time and Do It. 

I’ll end my rant with a quote by George Bernard Shaw “Those who can, do; Those who can’t teach”!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull