Time!

I had a 30 minute online meeting scheduled with a search advertising agent today. He sounded composed and organized, scheduled a google meet using his company email ID, tagged his boss and my boss in the email! I was impressed with the details in the email and was glad that there was someone so organized to help with the sales.

I expected him to be punctual, but he was late, did not bother to leave a text or call to tell me he will be delayed. He kept me waiting. 10 minutes late, I called back, because I had another meeting after this, no response. 20 minutes late, I left an email. I politely told him I had another meeting and to try this again after an hour, when I got his call immediately.  I told him I had another meeting in 5 minutes, and he should call me later after an hour. 

This second time he was early by 5 minutes, my phone rang and I told him, meeting is in 5 minutes, and to call back after 5 minutes. Maybe I came off rude, but I’m going to be working with him a lot more and him not keeping time will affect my schedule. This was necessary to establish boundaries. He will learn to be on time. I’ll teach him again and again, patiently. 



Comments

  1. Punctuality should be the most pivotal qualitythat one should follow throughout one's life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull