Gaurav Vaz - part 1

Allegro Fudge became my favorite band (after TAAQ) with the original line up, Noella on vocals, Rzhude on percussion and vocals, Joey on guitars, Jason on keys and Gaurav on bass. I was a regular fanboy, listening to the band’s streams on Reverbnation. Their song plight had this haunting melody and I was hooked to the bass line, played by Gaurav. He also had played with and managed The Raghu Dixit Project.

After many years I ended up playing guitars with the band’s latest lineup (Shalini, Jason, Saahas and I; and Kishan/Shreyas on drums) and kept bumping into Gaurav. I noticed how composed and organized he was with his work. He did a whole lot of things. He was the co-founder of an online radio channel (this was way before podcasts were a thing), managed a few festivals and bands, a web development company, photography, blogs, was a friends with Derek Sivers, the founder of CD baby! He also had a website to his name with little blogs and things he did! How cool! 

I always wondered how he did all these things! He was the go to guy for anything to do with music business. So I decided to ask Gaurav to mentor me. 

…(to be continued) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull