Routine prevents procrastination?

 

Procrastination was, is and will be, one of the greater evils in our lives. Don’t we push important tasks to a later period of time to enjoy another quick episode of Breaking Bad? 

I started noticing that I did not work, exercise or paid attention to hygiene; I will shamelessly admit, a few years ago. I have tried and failed over and over again to get work done. 

Then, I came across an article about one of my favorite guitarists John Petrucci, who did not go out to party or meet anyone until he finished his practice routine. If Myung, John’s friend, saw each other at a party, they knew both had completed their daily practice routine. 

Having a strict routine gets work done? Just routine?  Or is it willful mindset?  Is that a paper on the floor? Pick it up! How did it get there? Wait.. there’s a place for that paper! There’s a place for everything!! 

A train of thought occurred in my brain as I binged through another episode of Br. B., when I saw the episode of Los Pollos Hermanos! The character of Gus, played by Giancarlo Esposito left another spark in my brain! That’s for another blog post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull