Gaurav Vaz - part 2

 Continued from part 1 

I texted Gaurav asking for his time to talk about this music business that I wanted to start, knowing he was very busy with his schedule, I even offered to pay for his time. Gaurav was so very kind to not charge me and he asked me to meet him at a Raghu Dixit show happening at Manyata Tech Park. He had some time to kill after the sound check and he was willing to spend time with me. 

I reached Manyata on time, in fact, earlier than agreed and was stopped from entering the green room. I called Gaurav and he asked the bouncers to allow me in and I walked into this luxurious makeshift tent kind of thing. They had a fridge with water and cold beverages, food on the table, a lounge area with coolers. Gaurav first checked if I wanted to eat something or drink, I politely refused. While Danish Sait walked in! I had judged a talent show with him at MS Ramaiah, now he was famous and had a huge fan following. I assumed he would ignore me. Gaurav said to him, “Hey meet Anish”, to which he responded “I know him” and I was like on cloud 9. 

Gaurav and I spoke about the music business plan I had in mind. I also had a lot of questions written down on a notepad and Gaurav game me a few reality checks. I wrote down almost everything he uttered. And it has helped me a tremendous lot to earn a living through music. I am more than grateful to have had his kindness, to take time off for someone insignificant as me. We also met a few more times, I had questions to improve my business. 

We also ended up working together a few times. I will post a few takeaways from Gaurav much later. You should check him out. Just do a web search on Gaurav Vaz and be amazed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull