Cheating on piano assignments and getting caught

 I had the most humbling experience recently. My piano teacher, Mrs. Elizabeth gave me a lot of assignments to finish and I found it piling up each day. I found it really difficult to recall notes and even say the finger numbers and play. So, I jotted it all down in a tiny hand writing above the notes. Mrs Elizabeth must’ve been flabbergasted with that flawless performance, she asked, “Did you write it down Anish?” I reluctantly agreed. And then I got the most dreaded long message from her. 

Hi Anish

Yes by writing in the finger numbers and letter names you have made it so easy that it is of no benefit. 

There is no learning or growth because you are  reading numbers and letters rather than training to read and interpret patterns

It is like somebody who goes to the gym and wants to become fit and strong and says the 10 kg weights are too heavy. So instead of actually building up their own lifting capacity from half a kg to 10 kg they use a machine where they only have to press a button on the weight that will take the 10 kg weight up and down.

Will the person actually develop strength? 🤔

I now have to complete it, by tomorrow. I did half the work. I’ll do ur rest of 50% tomorrow. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull