My music story : #80: Learn teach and play music

 I now wrote to Derek Sivers, founder of CD baby, because I was considering going abroad to study music, but Derek told me that all that I wanted to study was online for free. So I felt it was wise to skip the expensive college, and self teach music. 

I got in touch with Jason Zac, for lessons, but, I ended up teaching and playing in his band, Allegro Fudge. Now, I had two jobs as a music teacher. I learnt about the business of organizing lessons, maintaining records etc from Jason. I learnt all I could. 

My piano playing was bad, I figured it was because I didn’t have the attention to read music. So, I decided to teach little kids to read. I knew I would learn while teaching. Derek who was mentoring me through his emails and blogs also agreed that this was an amazing idea! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull