My music story : #38: Joey

I learnt to play the 4 finger G chord from Joey. We hung out a lot during my second year at cathedrals. Joey had some peculiar quick food remedies. Egg puff sandwiched between buns, raw Maggi with the added masala! He was quite some character. Coloured hair, the girls loved him. 

He knew how to play and improvise a solo and always strived to improve his abilities without copying any one. His playing is unique to this day. 

Joey was also a perfectionist he didn’t like it when I missed the F# note during his solo! He kept yelling F# at me and I still didn’t know  where it was at Bishop Cottons fest. We ended up winning it anyway! Joey always saved the day when it came to fests. We hung out in between after I left college and shared our love for Mr Big and Extreme. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull