Fire wood

I went to my back yard after 3 days! I couldn’t do any work the past few days thanks to a fever that came out of no where. I managed to get better with Dolo and some Okacet. 

I noticed a lot of twigs, fallen coconut stalks, which took me back to my childhood at my grandparent’s place where we salvaged fire wood, this was before the Gas and kerosene were popular. Food cooked on firewood has its own flavour, it tastes different always. 

Most people bought firewood but we had enough coconut trees. And each of us had a task to do. Men, my uncle and grandpa (my dad was too fancy for this, he just helped shift things around he was too white collar I guess) though they had a stable government jobs were quite strong. They would remove the leaves, soak them in a river nearby, and salvage the spine of the leaf, chop them to size and dry them for fire wood. Women, my aunt and cousins would weave them, for roofing. Back then thatched roof was quite popular. We even had a cow shed cum firewood storage area made of thatched wood. 

Mom bought a small clay stove. Maybe we can use this sometime to have a cookout like old times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull