How does music capture your attention?

Music makes me feel things. One song I remember is Steve Vai’s G3 performance of whispering a prayer. I heard this song for the first time through a cassette and I remember tearing up. I listened to the song with goosebumps. 

Music also makes me think, through lyrics. Thermal and a Quarter is one band that comes to mind. I pay close attention to their lyrics because the lyrics are relatable. One tune that comes to mind is called The Steal. The poetry and the song content is amazing. The lines that stand out reflects the current political scenes here. "Cause when the roads are all done There’ll be no gas for my wheels” reads the lyrics. 

Music also captures my attention with groove. I think Victor Wooten is a master at this and he sometimes plays behind the beat and the groove pocket sits so damn well! 

Music also captures my attention when it’s challenging. It makes me wonder how the musician is able to do this. Most musicians I follow, are mind blowing in their own rights. 

What’s yours? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull