Practice makes perfect!

Firstly, is it practise or practice? (It is easy to follow the Americans so i'll stick with the "c")

What is practicing? 

    The web definition of the practice I am referring to is this: carry out or perform (a particular activity, method, or custom) habitually or regularly. 

    Being a music teacher, I find myself asking students to practice and most of the time they do it habitually and regularly as defined. When I fail to see the desired results, I observe that they are performing the activity regularly, and incorrectly. Practice becomes just a mindless ritual. 

    To have an effective practice session one must be mindful to do it correctly. So, practicing is doing something "CORRECTLY" habitually and regularly, multiple times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leg > Bike

Snow!

Lull